Dear Barthelemy Biya Bi Mvondo, you have my vote if...

After 29 years, I feel I know so much that I can call you Barthelemy or why not Bartho. Paul seems so distant and formal.

Here we go again, another election. They seem to be so many and come so quickly when you've been doing them for 29 years, right? Even a seven-year term seems to go by so fast and the need to stay just lingers like bitter cream. At this point of our history when we have to chose between you and other candidates, who can take our country to the next level, I feel a little betrayed by your presence. I thought you were a gentleman who would understand that after 29 years, even the most tolerant supporter must harbor some love-fatigue. I believe you have not steered the country well, and I seem to be one of the few who think so. Do you remember when about 7 years ago we agreed that by this time you will be our country's retired President? How disappointing that you let the Circle talk you into this again.

I tried in vain to beg the Cardinal to step in and kick you and your cronies out of Etoudi, but he said no. I am sure he now regrets, knowing that you rescinded your promise to the people by changing the constitution only to stay on the stage a little longer.

Our relationship of 29 years has a feeble thread of affection which can be rekindled to possibly consider my vote if you do the following:

  • Start building schools and roads instead of creating them on paper to placate dissenting voices.
  • Reduce the number of ministers from 75 or whatever number they are today to 15. Pay them 5 million francs each every month.
  • Publish all your assets and reduce your salary to 10 million francs a month. Can you bear that sacrifice?
  • Reduce the number of supreme court justices to 5 and pay them 3 million francs each.
  • Reduce the number of political parties to a maximum of 5 based on competence. Can you give up divide and rule?
  • Give total autonomy to the regions and allow them to vote their governors and council members, hire and fire their teachers, police force, etc.
  • Publish all our transactions with China and other nations for public consumption and transparency.
  • Go to Akonolinga, Mbouda, Tiko, Bangem, Tcholirre, Essangele, Abongmbang, Mamfe, Kikaikilaiki... and campaign like you want it Mr. President. Can your feet handle that?
  • Keep your military in the barracks and accept the verdict of the ballot box. Can you risk that?
  • Reduce the term of office from 7 to 5 years renewable once for a possible maximum term of 10 years, yes I know, again!
  • ....
There's more, ask the others they have common sense plans for the nation. My simple proposals above save the nation over 300 million francs every single month. That could pay for the jobs of 3,000 Cameroonians earning 100,000 francs every month! Not bad eh for a simple mind like me to think up such an ingenious plan.

Paul, I cannot vote for you if I had a gun pointed at my head and the reward of a million dollars.
You have betrayed anything our nation could have ever stood for.

Paul Ayah Abine has my vote.
Goodbye Mr. Biya.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Years of Glory: The Call

How associations are changing and what that means for some members.

12 Years of Glory: The Last Roadtrip